Venue Environmental Management Plans
environmental priorities defined by FIFA and operating all of its venues and training facilities in environmentally sensitive ways.
The goal is to inspire a green ethos among our staff and partners to deliver successful events that minimize negative impacts on the natural environment.
We are collaborating with our partners and community stakeholders to ensure an aligned and balanced approach with positive and practical outcomes.
We will achieve this by:
Preparing Venue Environmental Management Plans (VEMP). We will employ best practices, give direction and guidance to further reduce waste, emissions and keep stadia and training facilities safe and clean.
- comply with legal and other environmental requirements;
- operate our stadia and host city services responsibly and innovatively;
- inspire and engage stakeholders in environmental awareness and action oriented initiatives;
- leave environmental legacy from improved sport event practices and inspired young stakeholders.
Functional Environmental Consideration:
- Overlay Fit Out and Tear Down/Decommissioning
- Energy Planning and Delivery
- Transportation Services
- Waste Management
- Food and Beverage
- Hazardous Material spill Management